1. Did the SPAM-ku phenomenon originate with you, or were these poems already floating around the Internet before you got involved?
Anonymous SPAM haiku
2. What finally forced the SPAM-ku archive to close its doors to new submissions?
Job, marriage, children
Spring, summer, autumn, winter
Job, marriage, kids, cat
3. Could you explain for us-- preferably in 17 syllables-- what anisotropic scaling turbulence is? What relation does it have to wind shear?
Big whorls have small whorls that lead
To a viscous grave*
4. Where do contrails come from?
Jets spew wet vapor
Blue-sky Etch A Sketch
5. How does a knowledge of poetry influence a scientist (and vis versa)?
Poems have spanking
When tuned to the truth
* Apologies to Lewis F. Richardson
JOHN CHO supplied his bio in haiku form as well:
JFK shot down
JNC born in Tokyo
Makes Boston his home
You can find his CV at his MIT page here.